California Learner's permit
Learn how to get your California Learner's permit
You will have to follow a few guidelines before heading over to your local DMV office to apply for your California learner's permit. The most important step in this process is to pick up or download a copy of your California driver's manual. The California driver's manual will have everything you will need to know in order to feel more comfortable on the road.
Rules and regulations to obtain a California learner's permit:
You must be between 15 and a half and 18 years old.
Go to your local DMV office and make sure you have all these things with you:
- Submit an original application form.
- Include your parent's or guardian's signature.
- Provide a thumb print.
- Provide your social security number.
- Verify your date of birth or legal presence with sufficient documentation.
- Pay the fee.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pass a traffic laws exam.
At Drivers-Licenses.org, we've done all the research on driver's education for you. Check out the links below to find everything you need to know about driver's education training and requirements.