Learner's permits in Oregon
How to get a learner's permit in Oregon
Applying for your learner's permit is a very exciting time. Before rushing over to the DMV office make sure you are eligible to apply for your Oregon learner's permit.
- You must be at least 15 years old
- be a first-time driver without a prior license, or
- be a new resident of Oregon who has been licensed in another state, but your driver's license has been expired for longer than six months
To obtain an original learner's permit in Oregon:
- Download a copy of the Oregon Driver's Manual.
- Fill in the application form.
You must bring with you:
- Proof of legal name.
- Proof of residency.
- Provide proof of identity and legal presence.
- Your social security number.
- You must have your application signed by your parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18.You will be required to show proof of school enrollment as well.
- It is mandatory for you to pass a written exam and pass a vision exam before you can obtain your learner's permit.
- $22.50 for the permit and $5 fee for written test. (A separate check is needed for each fee).
Your instructional permit comes with a few restrictions:
- When driving with an instruction permit you must be accompanied by a licensed driver age of 21 or older. This person must sit beside you. You are not permitted to carry another passengers.
At Drivers-Licenses.org, we've done all the research on driver's education for you. Check out the links below to find everything you need to know about driver's education training and requirements.