Learner's Permit in Puerto Rico
Getting your learner?s permit, or learner?s license as it is known in Puerto Rico, is a very simple process, but having your learner?s license in Puerto Rico carries great responsibility. To obtain a learner?s license in Puerto Rico, pay attention to the following quick facts to make the process as easy as possible for you.
- Visit your local Driver Services Center, or CESCO
- Request to take the Theoretical Examination
- Complete the application for Certificate of License to Drive Motor Vehicles
- Be at least 16 years of age, but no more than 18 years of age
- Approval from a parent or guardian
- Complete a medical certification
- Provide documentation with your Social Security Number
- Show proof of date of birth
- Show proof of legal residence
- Provide a photo ID
- Get an IRS Stamp (Fee: $10)
- Proof of residence
Once you have completed all of these forms and passed your theoretical exam, then you will be able to obtain a Puerto Rico learner?s license. Once you have been practicing with your learner?s license for at least six months, or you turn 18 (whichever comes first), you will be eligible to apply for a full Puerto Rico driver?s license.