Getting your New Driver License
Getting a new license can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the driver's license process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
Alabama Driver's License
How to get your Alabama driver's license
Getting your Alabama driver's license is fairly simple, but there are a few important things you need to know before heading to the DMV. Read through the rules and regulations below to make sure you're fully prepared to get your Alabama driver's license
Rules and Regulations
- If you are under 19 you need to bring a copy of your driving school enrollment form, and a copy of your graduation paperwork.
- You must pass a written exam.
- You must pass a vision test.
- You must pass a driving test.
Bring the following documents when you go to the DMV office:
- A certified U.S. birth certificate
- Social Security card or proof of Social Security number
- Proof of insurance