Getting your New Driver License
Getting a new license can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the driver's license process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
Apply for a new driver's license in Massachusetts
How to apply for a new driver's license in Massachusetts
You can apply for a new driver's license at any local registry of motor vehicles Office in Massachusetts. Become comfortable with the rules of the road by reading the Massachusetts driver's manual. You can download a copy of the manual or pick on up at the DMV office.
Download a copy of the driver's license application and completely fill it out before heading to your local DMV office to submit it.
Basic requirements for applying for a Massachusett's driver's license:
- Applicants must be 16 1/2 years or older.
- You are required to show parental consent and completion of a driver's education class if you are under the age of 18 years old.
- You must pass a written test.
- You must pass a driving test.
- You must pass a eye screening test.
- Be prepared to show your ID, proof of Massachusetts residency, and your social security number.