Getting your New Driver License
Getting a new license can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the driver's license process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started.
South Carolina Driver's License
How to get your South Carolina driver's license
Before running out to apply for your driver's license in South Carolina, make sure to pick up a copy of the South Carolina driver's manual so you can be sure you will pass all your required exams in order to obtain a driver's license in South Carolina.
To apply for a driver's license in South Carolina:
- You must be at least 15 years old.
- You must provide parental consent from your parent or legal guardian if you are younger than 18 .
- You must pass a vision exam.
- You must pass a written exam.
- You must pass a driving exam.
- You must have your social security number.
- You must have proof of identification.
- You must have valid insurance.
- You must provide proof you are a resident of South Carolina.