Renewing your Driver License
If your driver's license is about to expire, you need to act now. Renewing your license before it's too late can save you a lot of time and money. Our staff has researched the driver's license renewal process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Renew Driver?s License
If you would like to renew your Puerto Rico driver?s license, luckily, the process is much simpler than many may think. You will need to renew your driver?s license every six years . You can start the process 60 days before your birthday. Below you will find the necessary steps to renew a Puerto Rico driver?s license:
- Visit your local CESCO
- Complete the Certificate of License Form
- Complete the Medical Certification Form
- Bring your current driver?s license
- Show proof of identity if you do not have your driver?s license (Social Security card, birth certificate, military ID card, etc.)
- Receive an Internal Revenue Stamp which is $10
- Show proof of residency ? especially if you are changing your address as well
- Complete the ASUME Certification
- Complete the ACAA Certification
Although there are many forms that must be completed to renew your Puerto Rico driver?s license, all the forms are located online in one convenient place: http://www.dtop.gov.pr/servicios/list_pdf.asp?cn_id=40&offset=0. If you need further information on renewing your driver?s license in Puerto Rico, then check out our Easy Guide that can provide you with step-by-step assistance through the process.