Replacing your Driver License
Driving without a license is illegal, so if your driver's license has been lost or stolen, you have no choice but to replace it. In that case, you've come to the right place. We will walk you through the process of getting your driver's license replaced as quickly and painlessly as possible. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Replace Driver?s License
It is a common situation for people to lose their license or to have it stolen. This is always an annoying and stressful situation to deal with, so it is nice to have a way to easily replace your Puerto Rico driver?s license. Below you will find the necessary documentation and steps to take in order to replace your driver?s license in Puerto Rico.
- Visit your local CESCO office
- Complete the Certificate of License to Drive Motor Vehicle DUPLICATE
- Show your original driver?s license, or other acceptable proof of identity and Social Security
- Bring a notarized affidavit with the reason you need a new license, and an affirmation that your license is not currently suspended or revoked
- Get an IRS stamp for $10
- Show proof of residency
- Pay the fee
- Complete the ASUME Certification
- Complete the ACAA Certification
This process sounds difficult, but all the forms needed to replace your Puerto Rico Driver?s license can be found here: http://www.dtop.gov.pr/servicios/list_pdf.asp?cn_id=40&offset=0. By filling out these forms before going to replace your driver?s license in Puerto Rico, you will save a great deal of time.