Replacing your Driver License
Driving without a license is illegal, so if your driver's license has been lost or stolen, you have no choice but to replace it. In that case, you've come to the right place. We will walk you through the process of getting your driver's license replaced as quickly and painlessly as possible. Click "Continue" below to get started..
Driver's License Replacement in Vermont
How to replace your Vermont driver's license
You will have to replace your Vermont driver's license if you have lost it, or had it stolen. Driving without a driver's license is illegal and you dont want to risk getting caught operating a motor vehicle without your driver's license on you.
You can replace your Vermont driver's license by mail, or in person at your local DMV office.
To replace your Vermont driver's license in person:
- Bring one form each of primary and secondary identification
- Bring cash, check, or a credit card to pay the $15 processing fee
- You'll be asked to fill out an application for a duplicate license.
You can only replace your Vermont driver's license by mail if you got your original driver's license after January 5, 2004.
To replace your Vermont driver's license by mail:
- Submit two photocopied forms of identification
- a check for $15
- an application for a duplicate license to:
Department of Motor Vehicles
120 State St.
Montpelier, VT 05603-0001